Wednesday, January 4, 2006

RESOLVE

Hi Journal buddies, I haven't heard from a lot of you for a long time.  I hope all is well with each of you.  By the way: This is what I dream of doing of being, but it's a bit much, don't you think?  I don't think that all these things can possibly occur in the time I have left to live no matter what I do.  Still, I'd like to hear what you think of it.  I could still "work" on it, right?

Answer any old time!
xoxo Merry In a message dated 1/3/2006 10:04:32 PM Central Standard Time, publisher@heartwarmers.com writes:
RESOLVE
by Karen Carroll

The New Year is upon us and it's time to find resolve
To decide what's important and to fight to evolve.
To be a better human or to learn a new task
To grow ever stronger or to get over the past.

To help other people or to help ourselves
To make extra income or to share our wealth.
To give time to our family or take time we need
To live life with laughter or continue to grieve.

To watch the world changing or to ask that it stop
To pray for peace among us as we watch the moving clock.
To accept growing older as we see the children grow
To be a little more patient when the times seems so slow.

To feel our heart beating as it bursts with love
To have faith that life's worth living, it's a gift from God above.
To realize we're all equal in the Great One's eyes
To look up and see the heavens in the bright blue sky.

To see ourselves as he see us, beauty to the core
To be that person who stands proud at the door.
To know that when we get there to the pearly gates
That our resolves to grow each day was worth the wait.

For with resolve comes strength and peace when we succeed
Knowing that we did what we set out to achieve
So in this New Year coming resolve to be your best
For that's the one thing you can do to pass the lifetime test.

Which is to learn to laugh and love and grow ever stronger
Have peace and understanding as we live ever longer.
Happy Happy New Year.  Happy Happy Days
May 2006 bring you Happy Happy Ways.

           -- Karen Carroll    <mndlvme @ msn.com>
Let me know what you thought of it, and where you think you are at on this scale.  Oh, and I almost forgot the most important thing:  Happy New Year!  May 2006 be your best year ever.  I mean it! Merry merry1621@aol.com


They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel. 
Carl W. Buechner


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I READ YOUR JOURNAL OFTEN BUT I DONT TAKE THE TIME I SHOULD TO ALWAYS MAKE A COMMENT.  UNFORTUNATELY, DO TO MY MESSED UP WORK SCHEDULE, I HAVENT MUCH TIME FOR THE COMPUTER.  I USUALLY READ MY MAIL, DO MY BANK, ETC BUSINESS AND THEN GET OFF.  SOMETIMES I TRY TO PLAY ON POGO BUT NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE.  I ALWAYS ENJOY YOUR ENTRIES, TAKE CARE AND HAVE A BLESSED NIGHT......................STORMIE